Saturday 17 December 2011

Genesis (almost)

So this is the first post in my new blog.  For a while now I've been toying with the idea of running a Blog on my chilli growing efforts and now, with a few days off work looming, I've got the opportunity.

Firstly I will apologise (or justify) the title of the blog.  I do not own a chilli forest.  I'm something of a novice at horticulture and although I've managed to cover all my windowsills with plants it still has sometime to go before it can truly be described as a forest.  Currently I'm thinking "forest-ette" or even "bush" might be more appropriate.

However, I do live in the Forest of Dean so I'll use that tenuous link to justify my arboreally ambitious title.

So where to start...?

I've been growing chillies for six months or so now, having inherited a trio of plants from my green-fingered parents.  Those small plants rapidly expanded into bushes and I started saving, buying and planting my own seed. I now have over 50 seedlings on the go and close to 30 mature or maturing plants.

The intention of this blog is to document my efforts over the next year in growing an interesting variety of chillies, the recipes I use them in and the success (or otherwise) of the various growing techniques.

The beginnings of the forest

No comments:

Post a Comment