Tuesday 3 January 2012

The current crop...

So with another batch of seeds in the propagator I thought it best to take stock of my seeds and how many more varieties I have yet to plant. 

As it turns out I’ve got seedlings on the go for most of my varieties with just five more left to plant. Not all of the seedlings are in the best of health as a few succumbed to damping off and those that survived are a little weak and spindly. However, the rest are doing well and flourishing under the CFL growlight. 


The idea is to have one or two plants of each variety (space allowing) and with chillies that I use the most, such as the Pimientos de Padron and Jalapenos, have up to half a dozen of each. 

Because I started planting so ridiculously early I’m hoping it will give me the chance to bring on the plants to a healthy size before they have to be moved to the greenhouses outside. And if I should have any seedlings that fail then at least I have plenty of time to plant replacements and still get a long growing season in. 

So here’s the current list of plants growing:

Orozco 

Pimientos de Padron 

Hungarian Hot Wax 


Friar’s Hat / Balloon 

Purple Tiger 

Satan’s Kiss 

Explosive Ember 

Red Cherry 

Black Cuban 

Cyklon 

Inferno 

Ancho


Black Hungarian 

Cayenne Ring of Fire 

Jalapeno 

Purple Jalapeno 

Chilhaucle Negro  

Nu Mex Centennial 

Tabasco 


Bulgarian Carrot 

Monkey Face 

Big Jim 

Facing Heaven

Chocolate Habanero 

Loco 



…and those waiting to be planted. 

Yellow Scotch Bonnet 

Red Scotch Bonnet 

Etna 

Prairie Fire 

Cayenne Hot

No comments:

Post a Comment